DIY Friday : Off The Shoulder Top

29 April 2016

Happy Friday you guys! 
This weekend my family is coming into town and that means lots and lots of brew tours and beer. It also means pizza at my favorite Fort Collins spot - which is enough to make my whole year. 

This weeks tutorial is perfect for beginners! It's such a simple pattern and can really be done in 30 minutes or less. I have been seeing off the shoulder tops everywhere this season! It's a huge trend this year and I don't think it will go away any time soon. I wanted this top to be tighter so that I could pair it with jeans, short and skirts all summer. I love how it turned out and I hope you guys give it a try! 

| bag - old - similar here | jeans | sunnies
*read through for full tutorial* 

Materials 

1 yard stretchy heavy weight knit
matching thread 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Step 1. Use a tank top or tee that fits close to your body for a guide. Trace along the neckline to where the arm hole starts as the diagram shows above. 

Step 2. Pin and sew the two bodice pieces right sides together, then flip right side out and iron so  that your seams are flat. 

Step 3. Pin and sew the arm pieces into a tube on the side that the arm hole is. Flip right side out and iron so that your seam is flat.  

Step 4. Match up your arm holes on both the bodice and the arm pieces and pin together then sew. 

Step 5. Hem the neckline and arm pieces, it should be a straight seem at this point. Hem the sleeves and bottom of the shirt. I used a zig zag stitch to keep the stretchyness.

Iron everything one more time and you're done!

I hope you guys like it! Its a great way to try out the trend if you aren't sure about it. You can do this project so cheaply and so quickly. If you do decide to try tag me in your photos! I would looove to see any recreations! 

Happy weekend! 


Post a Comment

Copyright © Menter + Co.
Design by Fearne