DIY FRIDAY : Pink Faux Fur Vest

08 January 2016

Hi guys!

I'm really excited to show you the first DIY post of 2016! My hopes are that you'll see 52 of these this  year! I may have said that last year but let's forget about that. 



Anyway, I walked past this fabric at least 10 times at JoAnn's before finally pulling the trigger. Faux fur can be pretty expensive and I couldn't make myself buy it without the best coupon and knowing exactly what I wanted to do with it. I haven't ever been brave enough to try the furry vest trend but what better way to get into it than to make myself the perfect one! 

This project cost me less than $15 and took only 30 minutes to complete!





^fun fact - the house behind me overlooks the golf course and spins! It has windows all the way around and they can push a button and rotate their house. crazyyy



Step 1: Use a loose fitting shirt to map out the length and width of your vest pieces. Cut out all of your pieces making sure that your arm holes are all the same size.

Step 2 : Use a zig zag stitch to sew your vest together at the shoulders and sides - right sides together. Sew (Still using the zig zag stitch around all of your raw edges.

You're done!

Be sure to tag me in any photos if you try this one guys! If you aren't feeling the sewing - I linked some great alternatives below :)
Have a wonderful weekend!


1 comment

  1. hey, I am so excited to do this!! Its the perfect shape and looks so easy. I was wondering roughly how much fabric you used, I just want a rough idea of how much to buy.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Menter + Co.
Design by Fearne